Thursday, April 22, 2010

... And My Tummy Says, "Bump, bump, bump...."


"Doc, kumusta po?"

She could not answer me right away. I was lying down, with my shirt up my chest and my pants down to my hips... and there was my OB-gyne with the sonoscope, listening to my baby's heartbeat. I also got to hear it... it sounded like someone's repeatedly, and strongly, pounding on the door. By then, I was only four months pregnant then, and my baby's heartbeat was sending my OB-gyne nuts.

"Ang lakas ng heartbeat niya. Malakas para sa four months."

"Talaga po?"

"Oo. Usually, hindi pa marinig kapag four months, eh. Pero ito, ang lakas-lakas na. I think the baby is vigorously healthy."

I muttered, thank you, Lord.

Now, I'm six months on the way to motherhood. Haven't had my monthly checkup yet... hopefully, it'll be this Saturday... but 'you know what I've noticed about my tummy recently?

It's, like, saying, forward, backward, left, and right.

Literally.

As I was typing this blog entry, my tummy exhibits small movements on the left part. It's like something's trapped within, and it's alive. It's growing, and it's trying to get some extra space by kicking/pushing its Mommy's tummy as far as it could.

Then, it rests for a while, as if it has already found its ideal position. And when Mommy moves, it makes odd movements again, this time showing right on top of Mommy's belly button.

Thank God, my baby is alive and kicking... literally. =)

No comments: